From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No error when trying online activation with TPLA and Solo Server

Hello

I found un unexpected behavior when using the Third-Party Licensing and Activation Toolkit and the Solo Server.

If the license file is missing from the computer there is no error message when trying to activate online a license, and the number of the remaining activation on the solo-server is decreased, even if the activation was not effectively done.

Can anybody confirm this? Is it a bug or it is supposed to behave like this?

Thanks

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,132 Views)

Hello Cristian,

I have verified this behavior and agree with you that it is not expected behavior.  I have spoke with one of the developers of this product and he will be filing a bug report on it to be fixed in a future revision of LabVIEW.  I will post back with that CAR ID# once it has been created.

While incorrect, hopefully this is behavior that is not very common to come across.  As long as the license file is installed with the add-on, most users should not and will not delete it.  However, as a workaround until this is fixed, you can easily log into the SOLO server and increase the number of activations available on the license.  Then when the user replaces the license file, it will be activated successfully. 

Thank you for the bug report, please let us know if you find any other problems or have further questions.

David Ladolcetta

LabVIEW Partner Program

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,487 Views)

FYI:  The bug has been filed under CAR 306794.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,487 Views)

Hello David,

Thank you for your answer.

Cristian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,487 Views)