Developer Center Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register Addon exe returns error...

Hi All,

As it was posted in the Document "Building an Installer", I followed all the steps and created the Installer for a licensed lvlib. But as I run the Setup after Installation the "Register Addon EXE" returned an error saying "File Missing". And all the Vis in the Library were broken(Ideal state would be they should be in evaluation mode). I checked and found that the License file(.ini) was placed correctly under Application Data/National Instruments/Partners/<Company Name>/Licenses.. Do I need to check anything else.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,255 Views)

Hi there,

I have a couple of questions that will help me diagnose your problem:

1. Which beta of LabVIEW 2010 are you using?

2. Are you using the latest version of the Third Party Licensing & Activation Toolkit (released yesterday?)

3. What is the error message that is showing up for the broken VI's in the error window?

The building an installer document is a little out of date since we have changed a few things to make it easier for partners to build installers. Looking at that document, I can think of one thing that could have potentially caused that issue:

KEYLIB32 and SKCA32 DLLs installed to <LabVIEW 2010>\resource\Partners directory instead of <LabVIEW 2010>\resource directory.

We changed the location so that it would show up in LabVIEW's default search path. If you installed the new version of our installer, you don't have to manually choose the location of these libraries. Instead, we have a "Third Party LIcensing & Activation Libraries" option in the "Additional Installers" page of the installer build specification. I will update that document to reflect the latest changes. In the meanwhile, please let me know if this helped solve your problem.

Thanks!

-Sohum.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,082 Views)