Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is PXLe-6537 HSDIO card retriggable??

Hello,

I have a PXIe-1071 chassis with a PXIe8361 controller and a PXIe-6537 high speed digital IO board. When I program the digital IO in Labview, the DAQmx Trigger Property Node does NOT have "Start.Retriggerable" item, as mentioned by others. I also found some other Property Nodes items (as described in the Help document) are not available when I create/edit those nodes in my program. So does this mean my PXLe-6537 card does not support those features?

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,514 Views)

Hi Harry, 

Unfortunetly the PXIe-6537 does not support retriggering, I understand you are working with an Applications Engineer to dive into Handshaking for your application.  One question I have is, your Device Under Test, does it allow for 8255 Handshaking?  As in, does it have the ability to pull certain lines low during communication?

Regards, 

Kyle S

Regional Account Manager
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,500 Views)

Kyle,

Yes, I am talking to Timothy and he's currently looking at the issue we have here. He told me that calling NI by phone and asking question on this forum essentially both sending requests to you application engineers (i did't know that before and thought the forum is voluntarily). Anyhow thanks to both of you guys for helping!

To answer your question, yes, in our testing board (or DUT) we pull the IRQ line (connected to PFI0) low for about 300 nanoSec to let 6537 know the data is ready. After 300 nSec the IRQ line will go back high automatically. The data will be valid for about 2 microSec: 1 microSec prior to the raising of IRQ and 1 microSec after the raisig of IRQ.

Right now the issue we have is the Event line (connected to PFI1) seems kept at high all the time IF i use default "Handshake:Interlocked: Asserted Level" as Low. When this happens my program just stuck there waiting. While I set this asserted level to High my program starting go through and collecting data, but the the data is not at the right moment. Attached is my latest vi.

So as I asked to Tim, how do we know if the FIFO has space (this seems the only condition to pull Handshake Event line low according to the timing diagram)

Rgds,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,493 Views)