Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 6501

I tutor. Must with Labview 8.5 and USB6501 optical sensors read.
Optical sensors (O-5 V).

But when I connect the sensors to the USB6501 me as 2.4-3.8 V voltage.

Apparently my digital inputs of USB6501 are tri-state and must transform to TTL.

I do not know how to do that.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,098 Views)

olivers:

The 6501 inputs are TTL compatible. What is the make and model number of your sensor? Can you also attach a sketch of how you wired everything up?

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
Message 2 of 7
(4,080 Views)

Hello,

I have a optical sensor of Sick: product name WT150-P460

1.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,061 Views)

Datasheet

for the sensor says signal out Vhi will be 1.5V less than Vsource and the device operates from 10 to 30 V.   So, this would indicate that your driving the device with about  half of its rated minimum supply.  Your jpg is too blury for me to make out what your connections are or what is supplying the sensor

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,054 Views)

I connect 10VDC to the sensor.

When the sensor detects something, I have  + - 10V  output ,   but I  reduce this 10V to 5V by a voltage divider.

So I have up  my input (USB6501) 5VDC. But because my inputs of USB6501 is tri-state, i have  3.8 Vdc.

Therefore I would  to transform tris-state to TTL inputs. But I do not know how?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,049 Views)

olivers:

I do not know where you are getting information that the inputs are tristate, here's the manual:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/371456h.pdf

On the input a voltage greater than 2.0 volts is registered as a logic high, so it should work. Have you configure the lines you are wired to as an input as opposed to output?

-AK2DM

"It’s the questions that drive us.”
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,044 Views)

Because if I want something to read, I have my input USB6501 (5VDC) without anything I connect.

I have programmed as input, and not as output

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,040 Views)