Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

designing a platform that read information from dynamometer and an accelerometer

Hi
Am a PhD student . My work is studying the vibration of metalic plate during drilling operation . I have LabView 8.0 and want to make use of it in order to get the data i need .
I use an accelerometer to measure the amount of the vibration generated in the plate during the drilling operation , also i use a force transducer which give me the amount of the cutting force and the moment generated on the drill during the process.
How can i design my LabView interface and its related block diagram .
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,940 Views)

Hi Samiali,

Welcome to the forums! Your application sounds interesting. Can I ask what Data Acquisition (DAQ) card you are using to retrieve the data from your sensors?

There is a lot of good documentation on line that you can look through to get a feel for programming in LabVIEW. I would suggest Learn LabVIEW in 3 hours, Learn LabVIEW in 6 hours, and Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications. The DAQ Assistant is good beginner level function that will allow to acquire your sensor data without much difficulty.

Also, there are a number of great example programs included with LabVIEW that have explanations and can give you an idea of program flow and functionality. You can just use one of these programs or modify one to suit the needs of your application. The example can be found in LabVIEW by navigating to the Help Menu>> Find Examples>> expanding the Hardware Input and Output folder>>and then looking in the Analog Measurement files. I would suggest looking through some of the examples in the Voltage and Acceleration folders.  

Lastly, there are a number of customer education courses that take place all over the country. If you are interested, I could have someone contact you with more information.

I hope this information helps. Good Luck, Mallori M.

Mallori M
National Instruments
Sr Group Manager, Education Services

ni.com/training
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,925 Views)