Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multicard HSDIO 6552 vi "send software trigger"

Hi,

I m currently doing a single card HSDIO 6552 for signal generation and acquisition, and I m using "send software trigger"vi to send a software script trigger to hardware script.
Let say, hardware script:

script MyScript

repeat until scriptTrigger0
generate wfm0
end repeat

end script

In single card, when I press the "send trigger" button, I will have my code to enable "send software trigger" vi to send a software trigger to hardware script. The generation of wfm0 will then stopped.

But, how about if I need to implement it in multicard ? I need to do it by 5 6552 HSDIO cards. All of this cards will be in same chasis. Please help ..Thanks in advance..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,682 Views)

Hi engwei,

In order to implement a script trigger for multiple 6552s I would recommend that you set up the original software script trigger and use the niHSDIO Export Signal.vi to export this script trigger to a desired PXI Trigger/RTSI Line. You can set up the script trigger for each device to occur based on a digital edge and have the source of the trigger be the line that you exported your trigger onto. You can find the signal exporting VI by going to NI-HSDIO>>Generation>>Utility>>niHSDIO Export Signal. You will have a single script trigger that is generated in software and routed to each device over the line you select. The devices will be configured to use the digital edge of this line as their script trigger.

Steve B

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,668 Views)
Thanks for your reply, Steve.

I am not fully understand your explanation yet. I will try your method and maybe I will get to understand it. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,658 Views)

Hi engwei,

I realized that I made a mistake when I was directing you to find the niHSDIO Export Signal VI in my previous post. You should go to NI-HSDIO>>Generation>>Configuration>>niHSDIO Export Signal. I wanted to correct this for you and additional people reading the forum. I have attached a VI that was saved for LabVIEW 8.0 that is a rough example of what I was describing. You should be able to implement this type of configuration to get the functionality you are looking for.

Steve B

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,641 Views)
Smiley Very Happy Thanks a lot !!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,633 Views)

Hi,

I am new to HSDIO and tryin g to do a similar thing.

I tried the example you posted Multi-HSDIO Script Trigger1.vi 92 KB. When I send the software trigger I can see the output waveform on One 6552 hsdio but it didn't trigger the other HSDIO module card in  my PXI system.

If you can provide me a link or example how to set the pxi trigger for mutli card 6552 in a pxi1042Q system.

Thanks

chintan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,126 Views)