Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking older nidmm_32.dll

Windows 98SE - LabView 6i.
I inherited a system that is giving a problem (after working correctly for several years).
Best I can figure is that a DLL (nidmm_32.dll) has been replaced/corrupted (although unit is not on the network/internet).
Code calls the DLL and wants "niDMM_Configure_Powerline_Frequency" function which does not exist in the version now on the PC.
I have found many copies of what appears to be the same version of this DLL. I think it is 1.0.
I have found 1.5 and 2.01, 2.1, and 2.2 - none of which seem to work (2.xx won't even install without other upgrades)

Is there a 1.xx version other than 1.0 and 1.5 that could be obtained? I confirmed via web search that the DLL did do away with "niDMM_Configure_Powerline_Frequency" in 2.xx.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,289 Views)
Hello PCWeaver

NI-DMM dropped support for Windows 98 and LabVIEW 6i years ago, so yes, using a newer NI-DMM would force you to upgrade a lot of things.

Can you verify that the missing entry point is indeed niDMM_Configure_Powerline_Frequency and not niDMM_ConfigurePowerlineFrequency?
ConfigurePowerlineFrequency is part of the IVI-DMM spec and as such it exists in all NI-DMM drivers, including the latest version.

Perhaps you can attach the corrupted nidmm_32.dll file so I can inspect it and help you out?

Marcos

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,274 Views)

@PCWeaver wrote:
Windows 98SE - LabView 6i.
I inherited a system that is giving a problem (after working correctly for several years).
Best I can figure is that a DLL (nidmm_32.dll) has been replaced/corrupted (although unit is not on the network/internet).
Code calls the DLL and wants "niDMM_Configure_Powerline_Frequency" function which does not exist in the version now on the PC.
I have found many copies of what appears to be the same version of this DLL. I think it is 1.0.
I have found 1.5 and 2.01, 2.1, and 2.2 - none of which seem to work (2.xx won't even install without other upgrades)

Is there a 1.xx version other than 1.0 and 1.5 that could be obtained? I confirmed via web search that the DLL did do away with "niDMM_Configure_Powerline_Frequency" in 2.xx.

Hello PCWeaver,

You could download an older version of NI-DMM from ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/dmm/ni-dmm/. I'm guessing that you are interested in version 1.6.
Regrads,
Sead Suskic
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,265 Views)

Thank you Marcos. Turns out the error may be in "nidmm.llb" and/or "dmm.llb", indirectly causing nidmm_32.dll to fail.

Upon further investigation, I found that a utility was run that performs a"cleanup" on the computer (deleting temp files, etc.). After purchasing an UNDELETE program, I found a TEMP directory that used to be on the C: drive that contained the two listed LLB files. Once recovered, the program appears to be working now. The developer must have created these files (inadvertantly) in a Temp directory.

Thanks for your time

Sead, Thanks for your response too. I was searching for just such a repository of "archived" drivers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,258 Views)
Good to hear. Needless to say, this may be a good time to make a full backup of your system. Being a Windows 98 installation, it can't be too big.

Good luck
Marcos

Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,254 Views)