Discovering and Imaging the Device

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Roborio Not Imaging

Solved!
Go to solution

I had two RoboRio (1) that were seemingly "dead" and waiting in a drawer for salvation. I was able to use steps outlined in many forums to get one of them operating and reimaged/updated. I am stalled out on the second however.

I have attempted to start in safe mode but do not get the series of 3 flashes, rather a continuously flashing status light.

From one computer the error "Unable to download image to target" occurs immediately, on another computer this happens after the green status bar gets to about 1/3 of the way.

I need the next level of support to overcome this unrecoverable error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,424 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnndroidJosh

Hi AnndroidJosh,

Thanks for posting on the forums. I'm Matthew with  NI.

The continuous flash means the device is unable read the software and boot. Fortunately, we have a reset process that you can use to reflash the device documented here: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000kOHkCAM&l=en-US.

Can you try that and post back whether or not you were able to get it to work?

Message 2 of 4
(1,421 Views)

The solution you provided was a success! Thank you for that. In the process of examining this particular RoboRio further, I discovered that one of the USB ports is damaged...it is missing the black plastic isolator. I am attaching a photo for your review (the lower USB port).

For now I have just placed an "x" sticker over the top of it to at least cause a pause when a team member desires to hook something up to it. Is there a repair solution available?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,375 Views)

Unfortunately no.

However, you will likely be able to use the unit as is as long as you're not trying to use two USB cameras (or similar).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,371 Views)