Discovering and Imaging the Device

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoboRio no targets found

Solved!
Go to solution

When I connected the RoboRio using USB it said I was missing needed software. I let it update but there was an error and failed. Since then my RoboRio is not detected by the imager or the driver station. The status light is not blinking, it comes on solid for the startup and then goes off like all is good. So this strange RoboRio configuration tool that launches when connect still detects the device but nothing else sees it. I now have two useless RoboRios I desperately want to fix. It is definitly this software update that caused the issue as I have a 3rd that I did not allow to update and it connects to everything fine.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(393 Views)

Hi,

I hope you are doing well. I'm Thays with NI.

Could you send the issue that you get when you try to update?

Also, do you have a roboRIO 1.0 or roboRIO 2.0?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(348 Views)

Robo Rio 1 based on the logos and I have been trying to recreate the update error on the affected Rio to get a screen shot but it won't even register it now when I connect it by USB. I can't afford to have another inoperable unit so I don't dare try with a still working unit. It does not detect on the imaging tool and the update window where the issue began no longer appears.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(308 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BW7621

Well I finally got it to detect so I could image it. I had to get a different computer that I have admin rights on and run the Imaging tool as an admin. I then had to format the Rio to get it back working. I had run the imaging tool as admin in a previous attempt with a tech entering the authorization but it didn't work out. Switching to a machine I am admin on as well apparently did the trick.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(292 Views)