Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i write the data to PIC16F819 using labview?

how can i write the data to PIC16F819 using labview?
Need help!
im using labview in gathering the datas that i need to right to the PIC, then after getting all the datas i am using another program which is ICD2 in order to write it to the PIC. Is it possible to do this task through LV? coz we are spending a lot of time transferring the data from LV to ICD2 manually and its prone to mistake as well.
any suggestion?

thanks,
Pedz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,260 Views)
Hi pedz,

LabVIEW provides many methods of sending data out to other devices... serial, USB, GPIB, TCPIP, and others.  How are you communicating from the computer to the PIC?  As long as you know the format of the data that the PIC is expecting, you can send the data directly from LabVIEW without any problem.

Hope this helps!

john m
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 4
(7,250 Views)
im planning to use i2c.. but which one do you think is the easiest way?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,230 Views)
LabVIEW does not currently have a built-in method to communicate with i2c, but there are other vendors that sell devices to communicate in this manner with LabVIEW development kits.  One that I know of is from MCC... here is a link:  http://www.mcc-us.com

They sell a device called iPort, and then you can buy LabVIEW VIs to go with it.  I hope this is helpful to you!

john m
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,216 Views)