Dynamic Signal Acquisition

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strain gauges

Hi

I have another problem.

I have at the moment a NI 9207 and a DAQ c9174. I used the producer consumer template to acquire data from an oscilloscope. Now I have to acquire continuously data from an encoder ( of which I want to count the pulses) and a strain gauge to measure a pressure.

For the pressure,  I acquire a current input and write a kind of calibration procedure to pass from current to final pressure. And this is ok.

But I don't know how to measure the encoder pulses with this kind of scheme.

1- how I can modify my producer/ consumer template to measure both this signals? (the clock is the same for both)

2 - Can I use asingle acquisition  card or two?

Please help, this is quite urgent!!!

matomato

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,735 Views)

Hello matomato,

I believe you already emailed and called us, so let's use one of these channels to help you, othersiwe there will be confusion with different people talking to you through different channels! It is always a good idea to have a quick search of our website for possibly ready-to-go solutions, here's another forum addressing this task: Count edges of 2 TTL signals

I am emailing you as we speak, and we'll then update the forum with our resolution if necessary.

The short answer to your query is that it is significantly more work to attempt encoder measurements with an analog module, so you should use a digital module and your cDAQ chassis' counters instead.

Keep an eye out for my email!

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,730 Views)