FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad serial number on 2013 FIRST kit?

just installed the new FRC LabView, the registration number seems to be bum (it's telling me to call NI). I'm installed and running in eval mode, but need to fix this in the next week (have team PCs to load kit on in the first couple days of week).

serial number I have is a letter, 2 digits, letter, 5 digits.

Anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,992 Views)

I'm having the same problem when I input my serial it says it is wrong but when I go online to get an activation code NI accepts my serial but NI Liscense Manager will not accept my activation code, why? I can also use evaluation mode.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,431 Views)

We are having the same problem, We are being told that the activation code is not correct for the software, we can also run in evaluation mode.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,431 Views)

There are two serial numbers on the FRC software.

There is a white card with a serial number next to a bar-code.  This is not the real serial number.

The number is in tiny print at the bottom left corner of the colored printed card.  It starts with an "S".

Phil.

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,431 Views)

Then why did NI recognize the serial I put in as the correct serial and give me an activation code that also did not work?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,431 Views)

Try the registration number in the Getting Started with the 2013 FRC Control System document instead of the one on the envelope.

geoff

--
Geoff Schmit
Huskie Robotics, FIRST Team 3061 Lead Mentor
http://team3061.org/
@team3061
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,431 Views)

"Then why did NI recognize the serial I put in as the correct serial and give me an activation code that also did not work?"

Does it really matter?

Fact is, the number on the white card does not work, the one on the colored card does.

I'm sure there is some perfectly reasonable (but unfortunate) reason. 

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,431 Views)

Thanks Philbot.  The serial number on the yellow card worked.  As GCS posted, it's the same serial number that is on the 2013 getting started guide.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,431 Views)

Philbot, gcs, thanks much. The serial number on the yellow card and in the getting started doc is the correct one.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,431 Views)

Sorry about the confusion everyone. The yellow card is the correct serial number.  Is anyone still having issues with that number?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
Message 10 of 12
(3,431 Views)