FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera tracking Example ?

Hello there !

I was looking for the camera tracking code to make the robot and camera track the target.Can anyone tell me where it is located ?

I'm able to get the images on the FRC dashboard and also it is able to identify the targets with the deafult code !

Thanks,

Murthy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,616 Views)

I'm not sure I understand your question. Since you say that the default code is tracking the target, you must of found the default code, which does track the target. What are you having trouble finding?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,903 Views)

I should have been more clear. I was actually able to view images on the dashboard.Also the camera is able to identify the contours (green) of the target drawn. However I'm not able to see the movement of the robot or camera  to  search for the target and orient or face it. I had to move the camera manually to view the target ! . I thought the default code was supposed to track the target  by automatically searching for it. Isn't that right?

Regards,

Murthy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,903 Views)

Hi Murthy,

Which example are you running? If you are using the servo camera example, do you have the camera connected to a servo motor to turn the camera?

~Olivia

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,903 Views)

I'm not using any example VIs ! I just built the basic robot project (2010) and deployed it .Will it still be able to automatically track the targets with it ?

Thanks,

Murthy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,903 Views)

Hi Murthy,

If you are deploying the default Robotics Project that gets created, it doesn't have any tracking algorithms included. If you want an example of how to implement image tracking, take a look at the Servo Camera Example that is included with LabVIEW.

~Olivia

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,903 Views)

I just created a new 2010 Game Robot Project from the template, and there is target tracking code included.  It is in the Teleop VI.  There is a VI called "Rotate to Target" which is connected to Arcade Drive; take a look in that VI for the tracking code.  There are also comments on the front panel about which joystick button you need to push to activate the target tracking.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,903 Views)