FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't conect to the robot wirelessly

Ok we have tryed to get the

router to connect to the reciver wirelessly with no luck so far they will only connect if we have them connected with an ethernet cord. any suggestions/help would be healpfull

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,408 Views)

I'll add some detail.  We've configured the two linksys pieces per the instructions.  When connected to the driver station I can see

10.xx.yy.4 and configure it.  When the 600N is wired to the router I can see 10.xx.yy.1.  However, when the wired link is broken I can

no longer see 10.xx.yy.1 and the driver station cannot see the cRIO.

When I do monitor the connection betwen 3206 (The 160 router) and the 600N (on a 2nd pc) I see a connection that is made and lost over time.  Doesn't appear very

stable

I've check all configuration with the students at least 5 times.  Any idea what we are missing?

Thanks, Rookie Team 3206

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,807 Views)

One more piece.  Can only ping 10.xx.yy.01 when connected via wire.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,807 Views)

Hi Team 3206,

You should be able to  ping the bridge (10.xx.yy.01) and everything else when connected via a wire.

Is the firewall enabled on your PC? Also, if you are using another PC (i.e. not the Classmate), make sure to disable the wireless card.

~Olivia

NI FIRST Support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,807 Views)

You should verify that the router you received is capable of supporting the 5 GHz frequency (A band). I was working with a team on Saturday that received a B/G only router. If you follow the FIRST instructions they state to use only the A band. If you were also shipped a B/G only router you will never be able to communicate using the directions you were provided. You will need to configure the bridge to use the 2.4 GHz frequency.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,807 Views)

Olivia.  We tried just about everything and wired works fine to find the bridge.  We can drive the robot via the cross over cable.  We just can't get the router -> bridge -> crio to work wirelessly.  We've checked and rechecked the settings many times.

The firewall is off.  The wireless is off on the classmate.  Just trying to ping 10.32.06.1 and 10.32.06.4 result in no packets received.  And thus the driver station cannot wirelessly see the cRIO.

I'm really stumped.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,807 Views)