FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you operate FLL Mindstorms NXT on the same computer as FRC Labview 8.5.1

I use my computer to operate Mindstorms NXT software for FIRST Lego League and and FRC Labview 8.5.1 for FIRST Robotics Competition. With both installed I get the error message "Unable to open resource files" when trying to open Mindstorms NXT..The only solution that has worked so far is uninstalling Labview when I want to use Mindstorms NXT then reinstalling it later.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,710 Views)

I have gotten it to work. I have also used the Mindstorms NXT Toolkit that allows you to program the NXT with LabVIEW programming.

But actually in my case, I could never get the NXT to connect to one of our computers. It would never show up on the computer. I think the NXTs that we were using had a different firmware than the software, so that might have been it. We had gotten two education sets for prototyping and practicing in LabVIEW, but the software we used was my software that I got with my "home-use/general-use" kit. I think that was version 1.1 and the education sets were 1.0. But other than that, on a previous computer I had no troubles using my NXT.

We are an FRC team and use LabVIEW, just to throw that out there. And I don't know what your error might be about.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,441 Views)