FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert 8.6 project to 2011

Is there a document that explains the process  to convert an 8.6 project to 2011?

Going through and doing a replace on every icon that has changed is a real pain.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,444 Views)

I just copied our 2011 robot code to a new location, opened it in the 2012 LabVIEW, opened and closed Robot Main, and saved all of the changed VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,169 Views)

Maybe something is configured wrong on my system.  When I load Main, I get dozens of search failures that I cancel through and many  error messages such as the one below.  When I open Begin, it is mostly ? icons.

2011ConversionProblem1.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,169 Views)

It sounds like it can't find the Robotics Library VIs. Did you install the LabVIEW update?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,169 Views)

The update is installed.  I can fix individual vi's.  For instance, in Begin all of the Open's are ?s.  If I right click on the icon and select the proper open from the WPI pallet, that problem is fixed.  Also, all of the Dashboard stuff (data and vi's) is list as errors.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,169 Views)

What you may be able to try to fix this is to do to get LabVIEW to automatically update the dependencies is to perform a mass compile from FRC 2012 (menu selection shown below). You can select this option in LabVIEW FRC 2012 and then select the folder with your old code.

masscompile.png

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,169 Views)

I've been able to re-build our 2011 project, but re-building our 2010 project still gives multitules of errors.  Is there a problem going 2 revs back?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,169 Views)

Hey Rdwood359,

There have been more changes from older code but you should still be able to port the code without too much trouble.  Can you provide some examples of the errors you are seeing?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,169 Views)