FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRC2012 cRIO Imaging Tool error message

NI FIRST Community,

I have been programming the new cRIO2 successfully with my desktop using both the FRC2012 cRIO Imaging

Tool (firmware?) and deploying code from the Robot Project created from Team 3548 without issues.

In preparation for tournament play I am now moving the projects to a laptop.  I have gone through the

drill of loading Labview, then the 3 updates, then turning off Anti-virus, Windows Firewall and disabling

the wireless LAN before enabling the FRC2012 cRIO Imaging Tool.  I am seeing the message

Resetting VI:Config Utility. lvlib:Diaglog.vi for the first time and the Imaging Tool is not finding the

cRIO2.  What should I do??

I have already reloading the Driver Station Upgrade and have the same behavior.

Strangely, I was able to program (deploy) the cRIO with the Team 3548 Labview project. I have typically

been able to do that only when the FRC2012 cRIO Imaging Tool was operational.

I would like to have the Imaging Tool work on this laptop.  What should I do next?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,634 Views)

Hey Team 3548,

Have you installed the most recent update for the FRC Utilities from online? It sounds like this is the issue fixed by the update to the imaging tool. You may also try enabling wireless on the laptop and verifying your computers static IP and subnet.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,973 Views)

Kevin_F,

Yes, I've installed the most recent FRC utilities.  I have double-checked the IP address as well. It's strange that I could deploy a program from Labview

but not get the FRC2012 cRIO Imaging tool to activate properly ( green modules).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,973 Views)

Hmmm, Try the wireless connection on- it works for some teams. The imaging tool and the deployment process use different ports so it could definitely be an issue with a firewall as well. Does communication with MAX and the driver station work?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,973 Views)