FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to copy the whole directory off of Labview installation disk??

Hi, I was wondering if someone knew how to copy the whole directory off of this years new Labview installation disk, so I could place the whole directory on a flash drive or netwok drive. Would it even be possible to install Labview from the flash drive or netwok drive on a PC without having to use the disk? Would I need any additional software such as emulators or anything? I know that this isn't completely neccessary but it would make things loads easier.

Also, when I install Labview off of the disk, and it asks me if I want to check for any new updates or patches or anything I click yes. Then it gives me the following message:

Notification Summary   Critical Warnings: 1

Critical Warning

LabVIEW Real-Time Module 2009 f2 Patch for Multiple Issues

A patch is available for the NI LabVIEW Real-Time Module that fixes multiple critical issues. The patch is strongly recommended for all LabVIEW Real-Time Module 8.2, 8.5, 8.6 and 2009 users. Refer to the URL listed below to download the patch. Finish this installation, and then install the patch before running the LabVIEW Real-Time Module. To download this patch and obtain more information, click the following link or visit www.ni.com/info and enter the Info Code: rt2009f2.

Link: http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/rt2009f2

Do I need to download this patch in addition to the mandatory Labview update?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,244 Views)

While I have not done it with this year's LabVIEW, last year I copied the LabVIEW DVD to a 4 gig flash drive and installed it from the flash drive. It was a lot faster.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,737 Views)

Hello,

You do not need to install the f2 patch.  The only patch that you need to worry about at this point is mandatory LabVIEW FRC Update.  Sorry for the confusion here.  This is a standard LabVIEW notification that cannot be avoided from the initial installation.

Currently we are not planning on any further mandatory LabVIEW FRC Updates.  However, we will make sure to announce any updates here as well as through FIRST.  If you are ever connected to the Internet on your development machine it will also notify you on the Getting Started Screen if there is a new update.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Bob H

NI FIRST Support

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,737 Views)