FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview dying

I used to have a regular LabView license for 8.5, but I removed all NI applications and did a complete re-install, but with the same result.  I continue to see the evaluation dialog and when I launch LabView, I get the evaluation version watermark on my screens.  License Manager says I'm good; but LabView isn't behaving.  What other tricks would you advise?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(969 Views)

I do have a license for the FRC version....and LM verifies that.  Will there be someone in Atlanta who can help me?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(969 Views)

Hi Jon,

There are some known issues with running LabVIEW 8.5 and LabVIEW FRC on the same computer.  To get around this, I just ran LabVIEW FRC on a virtual machine.

Also, there will be a couple NI representitives in Atlanta.  They will probably give you the same advice, but feel free to ask them your questions.

and good luck at the competition

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(969 Views)

Justin,

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear before;  I wiped LV 8.5 and reinstalled ONLY LV for FRC.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(969 Views)

Even after getting help from the NI folks in Atlanta, and a new serial number, I remain stuck.  The License Manager said everything is good to go, but when I try to launch Labview, I keep getting the Activate dialog, rather than the starting flash screen.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(969 Views)

Hi Jon,

Have you tried using the msiblast.exe utility to completely remove your old installation of LV?

This has worked for others in the past when experiencing version incompatibilites.  Maybe it will work for you.

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
Message 16 of 18
(969 Views)

I completed the entire procedure as outlined in the pdf and still simply have an evaluation version....even tho LM says I'm good until 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(969 Views)

Problem was finally solved by re-imaging hard drive.   Firefox was also affected!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(969 Views)