FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview for 2010 FRC?

Hello there!

I would like to know if NI is going to sponsor any new labview software for all the teams 2010 competition? If yes , then when are we supposed to get it?.Can anybody help me get updated about this question?

Thanks ,

Murthy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,423 Views)

LabVIEW for FRC 2010 will be distributed to teams in their Kit of Parts. 

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,006 Views)

So the software won't be distributed before kickoff like last year?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,006 Views)

That is correct.  Basically by making the software available only after kick-off we reduce our support volume in November and December.  This time is better used doing free form testing.

Mark
NI App Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,006 Views)

I find it hard to beleive that NI's few people doing free form testing is better then many teams doing testing. It seemed like last year the community did around half the support, but without the community having access NI will have to do a larger percentage of the support.

Java will be released early, I'm dissapointed that NI is holding back.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,006 Views)

Hi sciencewhiz!

NI is partnering with FIRST on their beta program and thus there are 20 teams using the Beta version of the FRC 2010 LabVIEW version. We are not pre-releasing per FIRST's requirements just like the with C/C++ API. We are following FIRST's guidelines to keep things fair and as much a "secret" until kick-off as possible.

However, I can tell you that there won't be a ton of huge changes. Using what you used last year should be prefect to train and prepare for this upcoming season.

We'll also be releasing an entire rev of the training material to match the new software on January 9th so be prepared!

Let me know if there is anything we can do in th meantime!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,006 Views)

I'm not quite sure how its fair that Beta teams have been using the Labview software for months and

Non-Beta teams are not allowed to even install the upgrade until after Kickoff.

I think National Insturments is creating havoc for teams because your support lines will be overloaded on the week of Kickoff.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,006 Views)