ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Switch Labview Programming - HELP!!!

Hey ElectroMancer,

If you are opening one of the examples you probably need to configure the cRIO target that is in the project to have the correct IP address of your cRIO.  You can set that by right clicking on the cRIO target in the project and selecting Properties. Under properties you can set the IP address.  Then as long as your VI is targeted to the cRIO (lower left corner is the easiest way to tell - from your screenshot it looks like you have this set up correctly) hitting run on the top level VI will cause it to run on the target.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(715 Views)

Okay, I have the limit switch working. Now here's another problem having to do with the programming:

I tried this program for the shooting arm, but pressing the corresponding button does nothing. I have tested and confirmed that I AM, in fact, pressing the right button, so I deduced that the problem was in the programming.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(715 Views)

Have you tried probeing the Digital input get value that is sent into the stop terminal? If this is true, the loop will exit pretty quickly. Have you been able to get the shooting arm to move before by writing to the motor drive VI?

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(715 Views)