FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading default code - getting VI errors

We received our new cRIO after the other went dead.  I started by reimaging the cRIO per the instructions then I went to load the default code.  After I built the code, I chose run as startup and it works for a while but then comes back with 5 seperate VI errors.  I can choose to ignore the errors but then our joystick will only work in one direction.

I'd appreciate any help.  Also, just to double check, where are all the white switches on the cRIO suppose to be set at when reimaging and then can they just stay the same for loading the code?

Thanks,

Deborah

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,291 Views)

Hi Deborah,

When imaging, the white dip switches should all be pressed in on the left side and popped up on the right side. When deploying/running code the dip switches should also be in this same configuration with the left side pushed in.

What are the errors that you are seeing when you try to run the built code as start up?

~Olivia

NI FIRST Support

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,026 Views)

Our dip switches are set correctly. I've attached a copy of the errors we receive.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,026 Views)

Hi Deborah,

The error that you are seeing is due to code that is already running on the cRIO; probably from a previous deployment of code. By clicking on OK, you'll stop the other code from running and deploy the project that you are currently trying to run.

Is the code you are trying to deploy the default Robot project that is created in LabVIEW? If so, this default code is set up to only use on joystick and only in the forward and backward direction. Is this the behavior you are seeing?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,026 Views)

We hit OK to continue and the code was deployed but than when we ran the robot the joystick would only work in the far left direction.  We you pushed the joystick that direction the robot goes crazy by going in every direction and twitching uncontrollably.  The other 3 directions don't work at all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,026 Views)

Have you tried running the code, without building it into an executable, so that you debug it and verify that your joysticks are working properly?

Open the front panel of your VI and click the white arrow in the toolbar.  This will download the code to the robot and start it running.  You can then open the block diagram, click on wires to probe the values in them, and turn on execution highlighting (the lightbulb icon) to watch the code execute.  If you do this from one computer while running the driver station on your classmate, you should be able to see the code responding to moving the joystick, which will help determine what isn't working.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,026 Views)

Hello Deborah,

Please let us know if you are still having issues getting your joysticks working with your robot.  The last thing that we want is you continuing to troubleshoot this issue instead of focusing on this years game.

The fastest way for us to make sure that we get you completely up and running is for you to call into support ((866) 511-6285 from 1:00pm to 7:00pm Central Time).  Please contact us if there is anything else that we can do to help your team.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Bob H

NI FIRST Support

Thanks!
Bob H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,026 Views)

It turned out that our blue board that was connected to the cRIO was bad - we replaced it and everything works fine now.

Thanks,

Deborah

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,026 Views)