FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision Assistant will not let me acquire an image from the camera

NO!  I did not have the orientation correct.  I don't know why I get so confused?

All I had to do was turn over the target.

then, I knew how to make the proper selection on the screen.

The camera is now moved by the servos and finds the target.

This raises another question(S)?  I hate to bother you and know that experimation is a "better" way of learning.

I no longer have six weeks to figure this out.

Two questions now.

1. Is there a way of setting the initial servo positions?

I am testing at home and we do not have our robot ready to mount the camera.

We don't know where the camera will go.

Right now the servo initializes way to high and a little to the left.  I have taken the camera mount apart several times

to try and have it point where I would like to start.  This is time consuming.

I would think that there is a way of adjusting the servo travel.

2.  Is there a document that explains how to adjust the Color Thresholds?

I assume that I want the two colored objects in the "mask" screen as big and full of color as I can get.

I played with the "brightness" value and was able to make the images disappear.  I didn't really see any change other than "now it's here, and now it's gone"

I played with the Hue for Green and made it disappear.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(912 Views)

RobotMan,

To set the initial position of the servos in the Two Color Servo Camera Example, you can use the Servo Positions control on the Front Panel. The value set in this control at program start is the initial position of the camera.

For more information on Color Thresholding, I would suggest referring to the Vision Concepts Manual located in the \Program Files\National Instruments\Vision\Documentation directory.  Chapters four, eight, and fifteen provide more in depth information on color thresholding.

Ben

National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer
Certified TestStand Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(912 Views)

hello ...

I want to ask about the vision assistant that is used for applications myRIO why after setting the vission assistant ask for the password as an attachment image below, how to solve this problem. Is there a correct password, please help me loi.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(912 Views)