cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO imaged but not showing any modules installed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

We haven't participated in FRC for 3 years. We still have our 8 slot cRIO from Lunacy, but it had been sitting in an office collecting dust in the meantime.

When we powered it up, we were able to image it (after several tries) but the imaging tool shows no modules installed, even though we have modules installed.

On attempting to run a program that tells the motors to run, the following effects are observed:

-on entering the begin.vi, the robot power observed on the driver station goes to 0 (but the battery itself shows it is at full charge)

-no motors run

-the signal to the motors shows correctly on the driver station graph, but no signal output is observed on the pwm output

-the jaguar motor controllers have a blinking light indicating that it is getting an incorrect signal

I have checked already to see if we are using the correct pwm output slot. I suspect we may have a damaged part. Blown fuse? Short circuit? Dust in the modules?

Is there someone that can help me with this? Can this be replaced if it is totally non functional?

Thanks!
jen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,370 Views)

Hey Jen,

Do you have the modules in the correct slots? They need to be in different places then they were 3 years ago.  The 9201 should be in slot 1, the 9403 should be in slot 2, and the 9472 should be in slot 3.  The 8 slot cRIO is out of warranty and the cost to repair is roughly 2x buying a new 4 slot cRIO so I don't think it would be worth it to your team to pursue that route.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
Message 2 of 3
(2,607 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jennymac

Thanks Kevin,

The modules were in the wrong positions. Thanks for the info.

Taking the modules out and putting them back in (in the original spots) caused them to be visible to the imaging tool.  When I moved the modules to the correct positions and reimaged it, the same issue occurred. However, reinstalling the modules again caused them to be visible.

Now all the modules are green and the motors run fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,607 Views)