FIRST Robotics Competition Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO not responding after reformat

We used the imaging tool and reformatted the controller.  When it got to 'rebooting the controller', it appeared to hang.  Now the imaging tool can't find the cRIO anymore.  How do we resolve this issue?  Do I need to contact NI for assistance?  If so, who at NI do I need to talk to?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,737 Views)

Sounds like you probably lost the IP settings during the format. The easiest way to set those back to what they need to be is find the cRIO in Measurement and Automation Explorer under Remote Devices and change the settings on the network tab. To show up in MAX it will still need to be on the same subnet as the computer (if it doesn't show up you may need to do a consoleOut -http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/354A5124E6A667988625701B004A77CD) or if you have the new cRIO an IP Reset (holding the Reset button down for 5 seconds)

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,823 Views)

Yes, the IP address is now "0.0.0.0".  How do I change it?  Is MAX the same as "Measurement and Automation Explorer"?  Is there a document on how to change the IP address?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,823 Views)

Max is the same as Measurement and Automation Explorer. Check out this document for configuring the IP Address:http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/compactrio/troubleshootmax.htm

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,823 Views)

Thanks.  I updated "eth0" to "IP 10.xx.yy.2, Subnet 255.255.255.0" and "eth1" to "IP 192.168.0.3, Subnet 0.0.0.0 (no change)".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,823 Views)

Next time, I should probably use the default subnet masks:

eth0 -- IP 10.xx.yy.2, subnet mask 255.0.0.0

eth1 -- IP 192.168.0.3, subnet mask 255.255.0.0

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,823 Views)

The directions weren't entirely clear.  Here's what I did:

- launch "Measurement and Automation Explorer" (MAX) program

- check "Remote Systems"

- if not found, select "Refresh"

- when the "0.0.0.0" device appears, select it and then press "Network Settings" at the bottom of the right-hand window

- update the static IP address and subnet mask for both cRIO ethernet connectors

- press "Save" at the top of the right-hand window

- wait for cRIO reboot

- select "Refresh" to check that new IP address was saved

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,823 Views)

Did you change the IP address on your computer to 10.XX.YY.5? When the cRIO comes back it has the new IP address so your computer has to be on that subnet to see it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,823 Views)

No change. The LAN connection (from the development PC to cRIO) was still the same static IP address (10.xx.yy.5). Everythng started working again after the cRIO had the correct static IP address again.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,823 Views)