FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-vi brought in an .lvrbt file?

I have attatched 2 files with screen shots of what happened:

I went out to Add the vi for Autonomy from the Arm & Gripper template in the LabVIEW vi.lib directory.

[ C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\NXT\Robot Templates\FTC Arm&Gripper\Robo_Programs ]

The autonomy.vi added in properly upon visual inspection and I saved it. When I looked at the project list, the file was not there...instead it was a 'computer target' named 'Arm & Gripper.lvrbt'. (first screen shot)

This .lvrbt file does not 'open' of course.

If I try to add the 'autonomy.vi' again, it believes it's already there (second screen shot).

All this happened after I added the NXT-G 2.1 education versions onto my laptop to mentor a local FLL team.

From the time of the 11/06/13 patch until I now, everything was working quite well. Is anyone else having additional problems lately?

I am running Windows 8.0

Should I uninstall and reinstall my LabVIEW 2012?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,158 Views)

I decided to completely unistall and reinstall my LabVIEW 2012. I had recenty installed NXT-G 2.1 Education edition when things started to go awry.

It appears that the renewed installation is working better. Although I left the NXT-G in place, if I have continue to see issues I'll completely remove ALL NI products and put only the LVLM 2012 on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,846 Views)