FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Servos to disable.

The lastest FTC update has eliminated the disabling of servos when the robot is disabled.

Since we don't use servos for lifting, I actually prefer to have them disabled when the robot is disabled. 

This prevents the usual chatter that loaded servos make.

I decided I would just add the servo disable code into my robot's "Disabled" case.

Unfortunately the "Disabled" option on the Move Servo VI doesn't seem to work.  The servos remains powered despite the mode selected = Disabled.

I tried looking into that VI, but it's not clear how the Servo mode flag gets set. All the instances of the ploymorphic control show the same default FP (with Enabled No/Timeout selected).

Should I be able to see different versions of this control's Servo state.  How is the mode changed?

Phil.

Get a life? This IS my life!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,913 Views)

Hey Phil,

I am seeing this same behavior with the servos jittering in disabled mode.  I will try and get some more information on how this mode has changed in the latest FTC update.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,585 Views)

It appears a bug was introduced in the latest patch that prevents changing the enabled state of the servo motors in some cases.

Here is a quick workaround for anyone seeing weird servo behavior after updating to the latest FTC toolkit. (NI LabVIEW FTC Toolkit 2011-2012 f1)

1. Open an explorer window and navigate to the following file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\vi.lib\NXT\HiTechnic\FeedAllTETRIXWatchdogs.vi

2. Rename or move the FeedAllTETRIXWatchdogs.vi somewhere else so that you don't overwrite it.

3. Download the attached version of FeedAllTETRIXWatchdogs.vi and place it where the old one used to live(HiTechnic folder).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,585 Views)