FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR Autonomous team 7

Dear ni community,

We are having issues with our autonomous. The IR sensor is not picking up the signal. We have tested multiple sensors and ran a program to see if it was sensing and found that it was. Does anyone know what the issue might be. the program is atteched to this post.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,221 Views)

Hello Voltage Vipers,

Unfortunately, in order to completely open the VI, you need to send the whole project, not just the VI file. This is because the VI references the motor configurations that you have set up in the Schematic Editor. LabVIEW makes this easy by clicking on the "Share" button from the Robot Project Center.

Fortunately, I was able to partially open up the VI and see something that is likely the problem. It appears that the IR sensor VIs are configured to "Read IR Sensor V1." It should be configured to "Read IR Sensor V2 >> AC >> Direction" (AllInfo will work too, but it appears from your program that you are only using the direction output).

I am assuming that you have the second version of the IR sensor from HiTechnic. This would likely be the case if you purchased it this season or last. If you are not sure, go back to the Schematic Editor and play around with different "Sensor Version/Mode" setting on the sensor to see which works the best and make sure that you configure the VI in your program the way that works best in the Schematic Editor.

If none of that works, send me the .zip file of your project along with your observations and I will see if I can figure it out.

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,661 Views)