FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Deploy Button on the Object Follower Example VI

Solved!
Go to solution

I was foing through the Tetrix Getting Started Guide that has you build the RangerBot and add the light and ultrasonic sensor to it. When I open the line follower.vi code It has a deploy button that allows you to download the code to the NXT and allows the program to be selected later. When I open the object follower.vi it has the run continuously icon where the deploy icon should be. How can this code  be deployed to the NXT? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,549 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmarkesino

You will only see the deploy button if your VI is set as "Target to NXT" Select File>>Target to NXT to change the VI to deploy to the NXT. You will see an orange box in the bottom left corner of the VI window.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,761 Views)

That was it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,761 Views)

Hueter wrote:

You will only see the deploy button if your VI is set as "Target to NXT" Select File>>Target to NXT to change the VI to deploy to the NXT. You will see an orange box in the bottom left corner of the VI window.

Since the original poster ran into this problem because the vi was a 'Computer Target' (which the 'generate code' seems to make sometimes):

BEWARE: Just confirmed that the RC Editor (in 'Telop' mode the 'download and run' option) will deploy a 'Computer Target' to the NXT !!  Just something to keep an eye on, since the program will 'be there' but do nothing when you run it.

That's what had me stumped for my first 2 days with LVLM 2012 - when no programs worked. The addition of the non-linking motors, just added to the confusion.

Message 4 of 4
(2,761 Views)