FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preferred Display Settings for LVLM 2012

I am new to Windows 8. I like that I can 'enlarge' items on my desktop; but have found that this doesn't work when I am running LVLM 2012. And not only can it be hard to see things. some things can't be seen at all (the text doesn't fit in, and won't scroll for viewing).

I am noticing that certain 'error text boxes' and 'help about' text boxes are not fully displaying under the default display settings on my new laptop.

[ I have a Windows 8 touch screen laptop with recommended screen resolution of 1920x1080 ]

I found that by right clicking the 'desktop' and changing the 'Make text items...larger or smaller' from the %125 to %150, restarting the computer, then right clicking 'desktop' and then re-selecting the high screen resolution (1920x1080) - I am able to see my 'Labview' displays more optimally. However, I feel that this is a bit of a clooge to get this done, and it impacts ALL my displays. Does anyone have a better way to go about this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,202 Views)

Could you post a screenshot to give us some context? Is some of the text unreadable?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,722 Views)

Sure thing, I have prepared 2 screenshots, and include a brief description:

Sample 1 is a screenshot using: resolution 1920x1080; text size option is set to 125% (the default) As you can see the 'text box' showing 'help about MCT Toolkit' can't be seen, and things are quite tiny in general.

I have found that by using text size 150% things display better (Sample 2). The 'help about MCT Toolkit' text box displays correctly, and things are much larger and easier to see (albeit not as crisp).

(NOTE: How do I include the .jpeg? It appears that the 'insert picture' link is not functioning. Thanks. I have 'attached' the files.)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,722 Views)