FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems manipulating sensors/motors in schematic editor

Solved!
Go to solution

I posted this in the main Labview discussion board before I found this one, I hope someone can help me.

Hello  I'm starting a robotics team where I work, high school so I hope my  question isn't to rudimentary for this forum. I built the basic tetrix  base but can't get the programming started. The robot essentially runs off of a lego mindstorms NXT module. When I try to test the sensors, or  motors, nothing works, I can't even tell if they are showing up or not.  I see them but can't tell if they're active. When I try to use the the  schematic editor to test everything nothing seems to work. I can change  the parameters, eg. motor direction, but it doesn't seem to affect the  sensors, or motors plugged into the NXT. When I wave my hand in front of  the ultrasonic sensor nothing changes, when I push the plunger on the  touch sensor the values on the schematic editor don't change. I don't  know if this has anything to do with it but I keep changing batteries  but the battery indicator keeps showing the same level of power, almost  dead.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,390 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author robodude82

Howdy

First make sure your robot is connect to LabVIEW, in the schematic editor you should see a green onnected icon in the corner. If you see a red icon like thisdisconnected.png Your NXT is not connected. Click on the red icon to search for and connect to your NXT. Once you are connected you should be able to measure sensors and control motors. The NXT does not automatically detect which motors and sensors are connected to you will have to make sure the hardware matches the layout in the schematic editor.

-Hunter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,743 Views)

Wow man thank you very much that worked! I have been fighting with this thing for 2 days, I would have never been able to figure that out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,743 Views)