FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teleop (remote control) program stops after 1 second. (Bug with "Generate Code"?)

Hello,

We are just getting started, trying to run an unmodified teleop (remote control) program that was made for the basic "ranger" robot.  We made the program using the steps described here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-18080

As these steps describe, we select Robot Project and FTC Arm & Gripper and click Create, then give our program a name.  This gets us to a prototyping mode where we can succesfully tunn on and off motors and drive the robot, tethered by USB.  So a lot of good stuff is happening.

Next we want to create a program of our own, so we want to make a starting point vi.  To do that we click "generate code" and magically, a nice new vi is created.  My understanding is this vi *should* provide the same functionality, where we can turn on and off motors.   We them click "enable" and "run" and the vi compiles and downloads to the NXT and runs. 

Great!  But then, after one second, IT STOPS.   WHY?  

I suspect that something is missing.  Something to do with the watchdog?  Something to do with the packets not coming fast enough, causing a timeout??   I would really appreciate some help.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any advice as to how to solve it?

Sincerely,

Peter Halverson, mentor for Team 6500

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,337 Views)

Hey Peter,

We missed responding to this in a timely fashion. Are you still running into issues or have you gotten it figured out since this post?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,612 Views)