FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Existing vi to FTC Toolkit SP1 Templates

Solved!
Go to solution

Our team generated teleop code using the "default configuration.rcc" in LVLM prior to the NI release of FTC Toolkit SP1.  Since then, we have downloaded and installed the new FTC Toolkit SP1.

My questions are:

1.  Does installing the new toolkit update all of the LVLM libraries, and as a result all of the code subsequently opened and saved in LVLM?

2.  Or, do we need to regenerate all of our code using the new autonomous and teleop templates?

The reason I ask is that one of the fixes in SP1 related to the "move while pressed vi" and a problem with the watch dog that resulted in the vi stopping despite the joystick's button remaining pressed. 

We are still experiencing that issue.  If the answer to number 2 above, is that we have to regenerate our code, then that is relatively easy to do with a cut/paste for the autonomous code, but it is more problematic for the Teleop code. 

3. Is there an easy way to tell if your code is based on the newest template?

4. Is there an easy way to update code and projects generated prior to the release of SP1, up to SP1?

Thanks for your help,

Lance

FTC Team 4644 Mentor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,545 Views)

Hey Lance,

I do think you will need to regenerate your code to the new templates. The easiest way to tell is if the ouput battery voltage VI is included in autonomous mode. Any of the VI's being called will be updated but if the VI is not in the tempate at all you will either need to update it or just add that VI in manually.

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,495 Views)

Thanks Kevin!

We actually mentor 2 FTC teams.  Each with their own laptop.  One is a Mac, one is a PC.  I see the new "display battery voltage" on the PC's version of the autonomous.vi, but not on the Mac's version.  Does that mean that I'm not using the newest version on the Mac, or was that not updated in the Mac Toolkit?  I did download the newest version of the toolkit for the Mac, but it is possible I didn't install it correctly.  Still trying to troubleshoot why the "move while pressed" vi is not working.

Thanks for your help,

Lance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,495 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 4644Mentor

Hey Lance,

I do think that means the Mac version is not updated- did you try creating a new template for it? If so I would try installing it again and see if that gets the updated templates. Does the move while pressed work with a newly created template on the Windows machine?

Kevin Fort
Principal Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,495 Views)

Thanks Kevin!

I'd downloaded the Mac SP1 Toolkit, but I must not have successfully installed it.  When I re-installed SP1, I had the battery info displayed in the new autonomous template.  I then re-opened our Teleop code, and re-deployed it, without starting from a fresh Teleop template, deployed the code, and the "move while pressed" vi worked perfectly.  So, it worked perfectly.

Thanks again,

Lance

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,495 Views)