FIRST Tech Challenge Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help controlling motors and servos (Archived)

Update: This discussion applies to Issues from the 2010 FTC season and is no longer relevant for current FTC competition software. In LabVIEW for LEGO MINDSTORMS you can use the schematic editor to name your TETRIX motors so no matter how complex your daisy chain is you can just call motors by name.

our team has 2 dc motor controllers and a servo controller made by hitechnic. the problem we have is that the 2 motor controllers work but the servos dont respeaspond at all unless we're conected directly to the controller when they should work in series. i havent been able to figure it out so i thought i would come here. my arrays look like this

m1 controller 1 motor 1 port 1

m2 contoller 1 motor 1 port 1

m1 controller 2 motor 1 port 1

s1 controller 1 channel 1 port 1

s2 controller 1 channel 2 port 1

s3 controller 1 channel 3 port 1

there not named like that tho.. shouldnt that be right and should controll every thing? its wired as nxt port1 ---> motor controller ---> motor controller 2 ---> servo controller.. the only way ive gotten servos to work but nothing else is nxt port 1---> servo controller

thanks in advanced for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,360 Views)

Hi,

Have you checked the power supplying the servo controller? This also needs to be provided from the motor controller. I would double check it with a multimeter to make sure it is getting enough voltage.

Tanya V

Tanya Visser
National Instruments
LabVIEW Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,746 Views)

If you are diasy chained motor controller -> motor controller -> servo controller then your configurator needs to have the servo controller as controller 3.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,746 Views)