FOUNDATION Fieldbus

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation process will not recognize s/n as correct

I have installed the software but when I try to retrieve the activation code, an error comes back that the serial number does not match the product. I have the serial number right on the certificate of ownership, and all of the information pre-populated so I don't know what is going on.

I really need to get this card working.... frustrating!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,956 Views)

Hi,

The activation request is only for NI-FBUS Configurator. Please check which software your serial number belongs to on the certificate of ownership,

If the software is NI-FBUS COMM SW (Communications Manager), please ignore the activation request. NI-FBUS Communications Manager is free and does NOT need activation. It provides drivers for interface card (PCI-FBUS and PCMCIA-FBUS) and APIs for accessing FF network.

If the software is NI-FBUS CONFIGURATOR, please send your serial number to fieldbus.support@ni.com. We can help you check the activation problem.

NI-FBUS Configurator needs extra purchasing and activation. You can use evaluate version if you did not purchase Configurator. Configuator evaluate version only supports offline configuration.

Feilian (Vince) Shen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,952 Views)