Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find what post was just Kudoed by a user?

Solved!
Go to solution

I can see that you were the most recent to give me a Kudo and I can see that the count for that post is up one but it does not show up as the most recenly kudoed posting.

Your profile on the other hand does look as you described.

I have to guess...

1) Too many posts for the web-site to handle.

2) My posts in the hidden forums are confusing teh web-site software trying to keep track of what to show and what to hide depending on who is looking at it.

Q:

If you look at my profile do you see the AE Nugget as the most recent to recieve a kudo?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(2,306 Views)

That's what I see here too.  Weird.  As you said though, my profile seems to be working as expected.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(2,301 Views)

Ravens Fan has the same situtaion.

See here

His most recent Kudo is from Ola_A on a post from 2008.

Since he has more posts than I do and is also a LabVIEW Champion... both theories (too many post or hidden forums) map to him as well as myself.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(2,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben

The "My Kudoed Posts" component is only bringing the most recent kudoed post to the top of the list if the post did not already have any kudos.

For example:

I gave a kudo to a post from 2008 which already had 2 kudos -- it did not get bumped to the top of the list.

I gave a kudo to a post from 2016 which had 0 kudos -- it did get bumped to the top of the list.

I gave a kudo to a post from 2006 which had 0 kudos -- it did get bumped to the top of the list.

From Ben's profile:

ben.png

From my profile:

postsi.png

~~~~~~~~~
Message 14 of 24
(2,292 Views)

THank you for the diagnosis Lili.

Feel free to experiment all you want on my old posts. (smiley-wink)

Make you test, test again and then retest. 

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(2,290 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

The "My Kudoed Posts" component is only bringing the most recent kudoed post to the top of the list if the post did not already have any kudos.

Something seems wrong.  I didn't think Ben had any posts with no kudos.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 16 of 24
(2,287 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

This is really getting annoying for me!

I still would like the kudoed posts to be sorted by latest kudos. I seems to very often get kudos to posts that already have some kudos, so there is a complete disconnect between the "kudos from" list and the "my kudoed posts" list.

If I see a member on the top of the "kudos from" list, I expect it to correspond to the top post in the "my kudoed posts" lists. Currently I need to jump through flaming hoops to see where I got the lastest kudos. This was way better in the past.

I understand that Lithium tries to "solve" the situation where the "my kudoed posts" showed identical entries (if a post gets several kudos in a row, for example), but I think the current solution is worse. There is probably a much better way to sort them by most recent kudos and still avoid duplicate entries in the list. (I am not a web programmers, but I could do it in LabVIEW :D)

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(2,154 Views)

altenbach wrote: Currently I need to jump through flaming hoops to see where I got the lastest kudos.

This is addressed by using the Notificaiton Feed: http://forums.ni.com/t5/notificationfeed/page

I do see the value in bumping the post to the top of the list regardless of if the post does/does not already have kudos. I am sure there may be some limitations on the back end system for this -- think about the situation in which a user (like yourself!) that may get multiple kudos on multiple posts at once. I can still raise the idea to Lithium though.

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(2,151 Views)

Thanks!

Is there a public link to the notification feed somewhere or do I need to bookmark the link in your post?

Since each entry in the notification feed typically links to several users, I think we could get rid of the icon column, making the list more compact and much easier to read.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(2,146 Views)

Yes,  you'll need to bookmark that link for now. It isn't currently exposed anywhere, but will be in the future.

I see what you mean about the icon in the feed, but it is associated with the first named user, and it's also used for a different type of notification which isn't applicable right now, but will be soon.

~~~~~~~~~
Message 20 of 24
(2,123 Views)