Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get notification of a new post on a board?

Is it possible to receive a notification when a board receives a new post, but not an email? For example, I want to receive notifications when there are new posts in my user group. 

I have already gone to the group and clicked options >> subscribe.

Under my notification settings I have the following: 

temp.png

I just want my notification ticker to notify me of new posts, like it does whenever someone responds to a thread I have posted in. Thank you,

Gregory

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,335 Views)

Not a solution to your problem, but I have an email filter that puts all emails that are from  webmaster@ni.com to go to a separate folder.  You could make a filter that deletes it right away.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,320 Views)

Hey, that's a good idea. My main issue with the emails is not a cluttered inbox, but the notifications I get on my phone. I will have to see what notifications I get if I label and/or auto-archive emails from forum notifications.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,308 Views)

Hi Gregory,

Can you clarify what the problem is that you're seeing? Looking at the settings that you've posted, I believe you should be receiving notifications for the areas you're subscribed to, but not emails. Are you still receiving emails? Are the emails only coming from User Group subscriptions and not other areas like discussion boards?

One (extreme) option, if you do not want to receive these emails would be to completely remove yourself from all emails here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,292 Views)

Hi Matt,

I am actually not receiving notifications when a new post is made in a board I've subscribed to (i.e. the red number next to my avatar in the top right does not change). I assume if I change the email setting for "new topics or articles posted in boards I subscribe to" I will at least receive an email notification, which is preferable to not receiving any notification. However, I prefer to have all forum notifications happen on the forums, and right now I have to individually check my boards of interest to see if any new topics were started.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,284 Views)

Thanks Gregory. Can you send tell me which board/group you're seeing this with specifically? (Please feel free to send via a Private Message if it's a closed group or within a private area of the community.)

Thanks!

Matt
NI Community Team
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,273 Views)

Thanks Matt, I've sent the specifics in a PM.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,267 Views)