Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea Exchange threads don't have page navigation anymore...

As discussed in my post here...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,395 Views)

(Cross-referencing the first mention of this bug in another thread)

As mentioned in your other thread, the missing button to view more comments on an idea is a known issue. We're working to resolve this one.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,393 Views)

Workaround: Add /page/2#comments to the end of the URL to go to the next page of comments on an idea.

Example: forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Please-add-Front-panel-Control-value-set-with-signaling-method/idc-p/3326603/page/2#comments

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,389 Views)

I think I must have expressed myself not precisely enough. I am not referring to "that" page count, but that internal to a thread.

In the thread I am referring to, there are 17 comments (I managed to add one in the meantime):

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 15.07.08.png

This is the top of the second page: there is no link to the first page, neither at the bottom:

Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 15.09.09.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,379 Views)

I am also referring to the same count. There is a bug in which there is no way to navigate to the second page of comments on an idea, and therefore if you somehow did manage to get to the second page, there is no way to navigate back to the first page of comments.

From your example:

First 10 comments: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Please-add-Front-panel-Control-value-set-with-signalin...

Next 7 comments: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Please-add-Front-panel-Control-value-set-with-signalin...

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,368 Views)

OK. This is an annoying bug, as the address bar is sometimes too small (e.g. in Safari) for the "edit the address" trick to be convenient (not mentioning that one has to remember that "oh right, this is NI's forum, there is no navigation links, one has to edit the goddam address bar instead").

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,364 Views)