Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes Online Bug?

So I don't think I want this fixed, because it makes me look good, but according to my profile I've been online for 7591668 minutes.  As impressive as this might seem, I can honestly say I have not been online 24/7 for over 14 years.  Does anyone else have incorrect minutes online for their profile?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,533 Views)

What a newbie! I've been online for 9375745 minutes already (17.82 years :o)! This is especially interesting because it predates the birth of this forum. Remember when ni.com was natinst.com?

These things are hard to quantify, probably they count the time of an active cookie (i.e. until you would need to login again). Now, if you login to the forum from three different computers and some mobile devices, these minutes add up quickly. I also typically have several browser windows open. Does each count as a seperate session? 😄

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,526 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Remember when ni.com was natinst.com?

Nope, sorry I don't old timer. Smiley Tongue

I doubt I've ever been logged into ni.com from more than one device very often.  But I will have multiple tabs open throughout the day.  There are a few community pages I keep open as a reminder to look into something.  Each day when I shutdown my computer it remembers those tabs and opens them up again the next time I open my browser.  So I may have 4-8 tabs at one time at ni.com.  (this is tab number 7 right now).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,520 Views)

I've only be online for a little over a year (554615 minutes).  Brian, we now have proof that you are a slacker.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,515 Views)