Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Developer Exchange Wishlist addition.

Good example tst,

the only way to see the rest of the text was to use the mouse, and highlight my way down.

Good catch..
Message 91 of 137
(6,307 Views)
What is the procedure for editing post. How do you all do it

found out how already.

Message Edited by jhoskins on 04-06-2005 03:05 PM

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 92 of 137
(6,289 Views)
Hi all

I recently took time to get through all these replies.

Now I want to add some wishes I have:

1. Adding multiple files would be a great feature if it could be done easily during writing an answer and without editing a message.
2. See pictures in a reply would also be great (as seen on LAVA-forums) and I had no problem if just certain image-types were allowed.
3. Maybe user-information could be added some more fields (for example LV-version in use, years using labview (also seen on LAVA)).

To make a long story short - I think there are lots of great features in the LAVA-forums, which could be useful in the NI-forums too.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
Message 93 of 137
(6,273 Views)
Look out Molly!

You are being challenged.

Can NI make their web-site as nice as LAVA?

I hope so.

I second the points made by Thomas.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 94 of 137
(6,276 Views)
Ben

I wouldn't say make the NI site as nice as LAVA. Although I registered at LAVA too, I visit it very seldom - so I'd say NI's site is nice, but some kind of limited.

But anyway - it's still great to exchange with "wire-workers" from all over the globe :D, because the members make the quality of the forum - not the functions.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
Message 95 of 137
(6,276 Views)
Becktho,

I tried to join LAVA.. I filled out the form and expected an email to complete the registration.
I never received the email. 😞

Who is the admin for LAVA? Any chance of getting activated? My login name is also JoeLabview.

-sigh-

JLV
Message 96 of 137
(6,277 Views)
Hi Joe

I just can give you the answer of a typical sw-developer - did you try a second time? ;).

There are two members with level admin. One of those is Michael Aivaliotis ( michaelaivaliotis@hotmail.com ) maybe he knows more.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
0 Kudos
Message 97 of 137
(6,277 Views)
Thanks B.

😄
Message 98 of 137
(6,270 Views)
becktho -

Thanks for the feedback and for helping us to find the features on our site and others that are most valuable and helpful to the users.

These are all great suggestions and things that we have considered in the past. I will include all of your feedback to help us prioritize these enhancements as we move forward.

I agree that LAVA is a great site and they have the ability to some neat things. We face different challenges sometimes because the scope of the NI Discussion Forums includes all NI products where the LAVA forums are focused more on LabVIEW. We continue to study the features available on the LAVA site and others and work to continuously improve the NI community. If you find others we should learn tips from, let us know!

Thanks!
Molly K.
Web Support & Operations Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 99 of 137
(6,269 Views)
I hope this is correct place to evidence it and I'm not replacing a well-known issue (10 pages of posts are too long to check! 😞 )

It has happened to me to prepare a post replying to some question and addin an attachment. Next I clicked "Preview post" to see how it looks like: when the page is repainted on the screen the "Attachment" field was blank so I risked to forgot the attachment.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(6,243 Views)