Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Forums page flagged as a Trojan

I was browsing the Top Kudoed Authors.  Page 3 of the list was flagged by Avast software as containing a trojan.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/kudos/leaderboardpage/board-id/170/timerange/one_week/page/3/tab/authors

Page 1, 2 and 4 worked fine.  I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this or if it is something on my system. 

This screenshot is what is reported by Avast.  I'm not sure how to get more detailed information. 

aputman_0-1583518265430.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,670 Views)

Now the page works fine.  Not sure what happened there. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,645 Views)

Hi aputman,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and the update. We could not reproduce it on our side. 

Please let us know if you run into it again. 

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,640 Views)

After your response, I clicked the link again and it happened.  Avast is closing the connection and the browser returns a ERR_CONNECTION_RESET.  But this time, it was on page 2.  

It's random.  It occurs with Chrome and Firefox but not every time I view these various pages.  Currently, it's blocking page 2 but earlier, it was page 3.  

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,636 Views)

Hi aputman,

I will have our development team investigate this a little further.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,632 Views)

Hi aputman,

Our development team's investigation came back negative. The web page has been deemed safe by the Avast security program.

Please let us know if you still see the warning message.

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,545 Views)

Hi Kristi,

I have checked today and the page is not being flagged.  I can't explain it. 

But I really appreciate you taking the time to investigate it.   

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,537 Views)

You're welcome. I'm happy to hear it's no longer an issue. 

Best Regards,
Kristi Martinez
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,534 Views)