Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New kind of notification?

OMG I am so embarrassed I had no idea this was happening!

Makes me want to abandon this account (RTSLVU) and make a new one so I don't feel so foolish.

@GerdW wrote:

Hi,

today I noticed some new kind of email notification:

check.png

(screenshot from Thunderbird)

All 4 emails notified my about the very same message by RTSLVU. I think that message was edited 3 times…

Do I now get emails everytime someone edits its message? (It might be interesting to be able to see a change history for a message, but usually I don't need this… ;))

(My notification feed shows only one new notification for the thread…)

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 49
(2,711 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:

OMG I am so embarrassed I had no idea this was happening!

Makes me want to abandon this account (RTSLVU) and make a new one so I don't feel so foolish.

@GerdW wrote:

Hi,

today I noticed some new kind of email notification:

check.png

(screenshot from Thunderbird)

All 4 emails notified my about the very same message by RTSLVU. I think that message was edited 3 times…

Do I now get emails everytime someone edits its message? (It might be interesting to be able to see a change history for a message, but usually I don't need this… ;))

(My notification feed shows only one new notification for the thread…)

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I think it's only been happening for a few days.  My understanding is they changed the default behavior from Never Send Edit Emails to Immediately Send Edit Emails.  I hate having to opt out of things which is what they are forcing us to do.  Now, unless you opt out of this option, everyone is going to see everyone's grammar and minor edits.  Bad decision IMHO.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 49
(2,700 Views)

Hi Lili,

can you please explain the following behaviour…

My notification settings, after your recommendations about changing them:

check1.png

About an hour ago I received those 4 emails:

check2.png

And yes: they all point to just one message, being edited 3 times…

So please: how do I have to set my notification settings to receive NONE (or just once weekly) notification emails for edited message?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 49
(2,676 Views)

GerdW,

I am unable to reproduce the issue you described. I attached the notification settings for the account I was testing on, but your settings seem to match this.

In the emails you received, did you see the text at the beginning "username edited a reply"? Are you seeing similar notifications for other topics?

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 49
(2,670 Views)

Hi Lili,

no, the notification emails say "user posted a new reply", which obviously is wrong.

All 4 messages show different message text - that's why I think I got them due to editing the message…

I would also send you those emails as ZIP file, but can't attach them with a private message. Can you send me an email address by PN? (Is it a standard NI.com email address?)

Nevermind, I attached the start of each email in the spoilers…

Spoiler

PFour (Member) posted a new reply in LabVIEW on 30-01-2018 06:52 PM :

Re: Accelerometer Data Conundrum: Power Spectrum, Noise, and Scaling (VI included)

Henrik:

1.) No worries -- there is nothing that is actually confidential in the included .zip. That's a placeholder for until we are acquiring actual data. Thanks for checking though

Spoiler

Hi GerdW,

PFour (Member) posted a new reply in LabVIEW on 30-01-2018 06:54 PM :

Re: Accelerometer Data Conundrum: Power Spectrum, Noise, and Scaling (VI included)

Also, the included documentation mostly discusses proper mounting and surface preparation techniques. The information included that discusses sensitivities and converting from volts to absolute acceleration is relatively bare-bones.

Spoiler

Hi GerdW,

PFour (Member) posted a new reply in LabVIEW on 30-01-2018 06:55 PM :

Spoiler

Hi GerdW,

PFour (Member) posted a new reply in LabVIEW on 30-01-2018 06:55 PM :

Henrik:

1.) No worries -- there is nothing that is actually confidential in the included .zip. That's a placeholder for until we are acquiring actual data. Thanks for checking though

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 49
(2,668 Views)

If you look at the URLs for the subject of the posts, two are the same, two are different. None of them are edits though, or else it would state that within the body of the email. I do know that we received a moderator report to help edit / remove content within that topic, so perhaps something went wrong in that process that caused the duplicate notifications to be sent.

If it occurs again, please let us know and we'll do some deeper investigation.

Also, if you ever need to email us, you can reach us at community[at]ni[dot]com.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 49
(2,663 Views)

I received the same email twice from this specific thread....both of them saying "posted a new reply".  I've noticed this same thing happening since Lili stated that the default behavior was changed back.  

email.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 49
(2,644 Views)

Do you have any more examples of receiving duplicate notifications?

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 49
(2,642 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Do you have any more examples of receiving duplicate notifications?

Thanks,

Lili

No I don't....sorry.

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 49
(2,641 Views)
I did get a few examples myself this morning, so we will be following up with our community provider to do a deeper investigation. We will keep you notified of any updates.

Thanks,
Lili
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 49
(2,636 Views)