Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New kind of notification?

Last night, we had a backend update. Please let us know if you're continuing to see duplicate email notifications.

Thanks,
Lili
~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 49
(2,376 Views)

Good Morning Lili from Germany,

see this in my webmail:

check.png

All three emails say "LuizMarques (Member) posted a new reply…", all point to the very same message here… (And this time I also checked the link in each email.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 49
(2,365 Views)

Hi Lili,

another "fun fact" on notifications…

This is the current view of my notifications list:

check.png

I swear there was a notification "HUPHYUPH created a new topic in LabVIEW" (at 10:42 AM) on top of the list, which was replaced by the "HUPHYUPH replied to topic" notification!

Is it normal that notifications are deleted/replaced by new ones?

(Besides that question: I still don't need those "created a new topic" notifications. I saw that notification AFTER I posted my first message in this thread at 10:51 AM…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 49
(2,361 Views)

Hi Lili,

same "fun fact" again…

First notification, right after my answer in the thread:

180205-1447 - note.png

Then after the first reply of Raviteja:

180205-1450 - note2.png

So one notification gets replaced by another one?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 49
(2,352 Views)

Gerd -

Thanks for the update on the duplicate email notifications. We've added this example to the ongoing investigation.

As for your other posts --

Both the "posted a new topic" and "replied to topic" notifications should remain in your feed. In your case though, I see that you are not subscribed to the LabVIEW board where the topic was created. You would not have seen a notification for the new topic if you are not subscribed to the board.
I tried to reproduce the issue you saw -- replied to a topic in a board that I was not subscribed to. I checked the feed and I did not see a notification until the user replied back.

As discussed earlier in this same topic -- you now have 8,690 subscriptions in the community. This can begin to cause performance issues (even getting your My Subscriptions page to load has a delay). I know there is limited functionality to the My Subscriptions page, but if you could begin to clear some of these out, this may help mitigate the issues you are seeing with the Notification Feed.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 49
(2,344 Views)

Hi Lili,

I know there is limited functionality to the My Subscriptions page, but if you could begin to clear some of these out,

I just deleted 40 of those subscriptions.

If there would be an easy way to select all subscriptions older than 6 month! (Or to get rid of that confirmation for each delete which causes web page reload two times…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 49
(2,341 Views)

I'm still getting weird notifications for this post.

This is the initial post by the user.

Spoiler
reply1.PNG

Then I received 3 notifications that say "new reply" but are obviously edits.  The notifications all appear to be exactly the same.  

Spoiler
reply2.PNG

And then I received another notification where the user did edit the response but again it shows as "new reply".  

Spoiler
reply3.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 49
(2,286 Views)

aputman -

Can you please go to your Notification Settings and change the setting for "Any edits and workflow requests for documents in areas I subscribe to" to never?

It seems that even though we have set the default to "never" for the entire community, it is still set to "immediately" for users. The email notifications you are receiving are actually edits, even though the email template does not state this. We are continuing to follow-up on this bug with our community provider.

Please let us know if this seems to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 49
(2,281 Views)

Thanks Lili.  I don't necessarily mind the extra notifications...my post was mainly an FYI for your investigation since you previously asked for more examples.  If you have enough examples, I will stop posting them.  Smiley Wink

I was also confused about the forum default for edit notifications being reset back to Never but mine is set to Immediately.  So thanks for clarifying that.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 49 of 49
(2,273 Views)