Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting hiccups?

• So I was writing this reply and got an error when posting.
  • pressed back and try posting again (I think this was exactly two attempts, not "more" than 2 attempts as the error claims :o. Well, maybe I double-clicked something... ;))
  • trying to post again after about a minute, I got the second error.

curiously, I went back to the thread and my post was already there. I guess even the first attempt succeeded. Is there a server update in progress?

floodgates.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,571 Views)

Hi Christian,

Once you hit the "post flooding detected," you have to wait some time for it to clear to be able to post.

If you say your post did go through the first time, then perhaps that's why you hit the flood detector the "second" time.

Unfortunately, there is no way around this.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,568 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

... that's why you hit the flood detector the "second" time.

(The "second time" should be fine though because "more than two" would be three attempts, i.e. "third time". 😮 Maybe the message should say "more than one" instead if that's how it actually works.)

Thanks, no big deal... 😄

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,565 Views)

Made a post here, https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/PSD-magnitudes/m-p/3866493/highlight/true#M1095708, does not seem to show up in feed. (Response before mine shows up as the last one on main page.) Any ideas?

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,516 Views)

Hi mcduff,

The issue you're reporting seems to be different from the one originally reported in this topic.

Your post is live and visible to others, but for some reason it is not listed as the latest post in the topic listing:

missingpost.png

We will have to investigate this further. We'll let you know when we have an update.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,508 Views)

Hi mcduff,

It appears that the issue was caused by multiple topics being merged into one. You'll notice that the first post in the topic says "Message 2" at the bottom left, and the second post in the topic says "Message 1". There are also varying post titles within the topic. These are signs that various topics were merged into one.

Your post not displaying in the topics listing is a bug though, and we will need to escalate this to our community provider for further investigation.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
Message 6 of 7
(3,504 Views)

The issue with post numbers displaying out of order after two topics have been merged has now been resolved.

However, the bug with the latest reply not showing on the forum board listing after topics have been merged is still occurring. We will let you know when we have an update.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,078 Views)