Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on new NI design…

@GerdW wrote:

It covers the full display and there is no other way to get rid of than reloading the page...

I think you can click outside it to get rid of it.

Oh yes, on the phone it blocks everything!!! No way to scroll, no obvious way to reload!! Bad!!!!

(Still working from home and don't use the phone often now)

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 33
(2,155 Views)

I am still appalled that LabVIEW itself is treated as a second-class servant for other disciplines, while it is much more than that! LabVIEW is a full featured programming language that has many significant advantages over classic text based code and well suited to do pure math. Only a computer required.

I would love to see that aspect featured in the footer!

altenbach_0-1592507120481.png

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 33
(2,148 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@RobertoBozzolo wrote:

Too few time to get used to the new design, but I personally feel that the previous one was better in that unread discussions were more evidenced than now: a simple bold black is not so evident with respect to regular black, previous coloured pattern was far more impacting.

I'm not a fan of the new colors either.  I find it interesting when a corporation makes a decision to change their identity to a point that they change something as basic as their corporate color.

It will take some getting used to.  But the colors on the board message titles, I wish they were actually black, instead of this very dark green.  There is just something off about it.  It is just eating at my stomach.

EDIT:  I take that back.  I did some color checking on the pixels of that font and it isn't very dark green.  It is a dark grey.  I guess the presence of green elsewhere on the page made me think it was a dark green.

But the appearance, does gnaw at my stomach, and hurt my head a bit like Altenbach says.

Looking at the pages today, the messages are definitely the dark green.  Ones that are unread are bold enough to see the green is 4-65-35.  A read message is thinner, and the shading of the font comes into play, so the green can start to lean towards a grey.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 33
(2,091 Views)

@markwni wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

I guess the upgrade is now complete, but there are still little bugs. For example the download button on the community edition page, the button text is not visible unless I hover over it.

If you see these types of issues, please use the "Site Feedback" link in the footer to report the issues. This makes sure the issue is seen by the right team.

Thank you!

Mark

Mark, the feedback tool is insufficient. (we also had a "feedback floater" along the right edge that has now disappeared).

The feedback link is tedious (requires filling fields with personal information, does not autofill the URL for the page we are trying to give feedback, and I assume does not allow attachments or pictures(?).)

Most of the time, a picture is much more descriptive compared to ambiguous words that are often misunderstood.

So, given the above reservations, here's another serious page bug (some might be browser specific or even depend on cached content, so there is no guarantee that it can be reproduced, but here's what I am seeing (Anyone, feel free to reproduce!):

On the events page, there is a July "Bootcamp" listed (as with all other events, hovering makes the dates disappear which does not seem right either), but if I click on the Bootcamp event, I get a page that is miles long (zoomed to 25% in the lower part of the picture!) with a cryptic description of the event at the very bottom that does not tell me anything useful about it.

altenbach_0-1592674372379.png

Message 24 of 33
(2,070 Views)

Other events are a total mess too:

(Banner image should not truncate on left if page is made narrower)

altenbach_0-1592683724259.png

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 33
(2,058 Views)

Now, after looking at the Chinese page above, going back to the bootcamp page shows partially in Chinese:

If I force a page refresh (ctrl+reload), it shows in English for one second, then switches back to Chinese automatically! Sisyphean!

(Note that it showed in English before I visited the Chinese page)

altenbach_0-1592684153556.png

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 33
(2,066 Views)

Hi @altenbach - I've reported all of the issues with the events page to the team responsible. Thank you for pointing them out.

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 33
(2,017 Views)

Thanks Mark,

I actually left a short feedback yesterday, just pointing to this thread. Hopefully things will be easy to fix. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 33
(2,013 Views)

@altenbach - that event page has been fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Community Manager
NI Community
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 33
(1,997 Views)

Format looks good. Content not so much. (The description for both mentioned events is still meaningless placeholder stuff and industry is still misspelled as of now (unless "Insudtry" is a word).)

altenbach_0-1592863373525.png

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 33
(1,993 Views)