Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam attack

Solved!
Go to solution

Well it seems China has decided to export another virus in a spam attack hitting the forums this evening.  There was a bit of evidence the last day or so, but it is regularly posting now.

I thought the forum spam filters were set to limit posts by new members?  It seems the posts are coming from one of 3 or 4 new user names.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,903 Views)

Thanks for letting us know, we are working on resolving this. Some of the spam, but not all, was caught in the spam filters. We will follow up and make any needed adjustments to catch this in the future. 

Carli S.
Troubleshooting & Maintenance Digital Business Manager - NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,882 Views)

Thanks.

At least one other person besides me were marking posts as spam as they appeared in the LabVIEW forum.

More usernames started appearing.  But I know that one user name had acquired at least 20 posts.  I thought there was a limit to how many posts a new user could create in a period of time.  Not that it doesn't prevent them from creating additional usernames.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,864 Views)

Hi RavensFan,

I was marking several of those messages as SPAM and also notified the moderators about patterns to recognize/identify such messages as SPAM…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 15
(3,849 Views)

Hi RavensFan and GerdW,

We appreciate your help on marking these posts as spam. We have entered new terms to our spam filters as to avoid these posts and we are also following up on ways to improve the Spam Flood control that should have been triggered in these cases. We hope to have an update for you soon.

Best Regards,
Paula Cerda
NI Community Support
Message 5 of 15
(3,821 Views)

Hi Paula,

it seems the SPAM filter works faster now: from time to time I see some SPAM messages, but they are removed before I can mark them as SPAM…

Good job!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,792 Views)

Hi Paula,

it seems you need to readjust the SPAM filter, this one was alive for more than 3min…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,786 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RavensFan

Hi GerdW,

Thanks again for keeping an eye on it. I have entered more words in the filter in the hopes this will improve it. We are also escalating it to our vendor for better assistance. Hopefully this will help reduce the  constant attacks that we are  having this week.

Best Regards,
Paula Cerda
NI Community Support
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,777 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Paula,

it seems the SPAM filter works faster now: from time to time I see some SPAM messages, but they are removed before I can mark them as SPAM…

Good job!

It might have been us battling the spam attack at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,765 Views)

Hi Paula, is this type of spam filtered?

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-VB6/Binary-Options-No-Deposit-Bonuses-List-Make-up-t...

The format is slightly different from previous "university" series.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,737 Views)