Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subscription email with every edit of a forum post?

LiliMcDonald wrote:
As mentioned in the other topic, this was disabled by default originally but was then changed after the recent complaints of lack of notifications on document changes.

Also, as a reminder, on desktop there is the "preview" tab on the text editor -- if you would like to review your content before submitting. This might help cut down on edits that need to be made to posts.

Thanks,

Lili

If changes are made to a document by someone other than the author, why not just inform the document's author instead of everyone?

The preview tab is not going to help, as believe it or not I DO proofread before I post, but that does not mean 30 seconds after posting I won't come up with a better way to make my point.

(LIke just now I realised I wrote changes instead of changed and went back to fix it)

I mean I wrote changed instead of changes. 

LOL see my brain does not work that way, I can't see my mistakes until everyone else can see them too.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(514 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

We have reverted this back though after this recent feedback though. You should not be receiving notifications for edits by default anymore.

I am not so sure - today I received two notification emails for one reply (which has been edited):

05-04-2018 01:32 PM

and

05-04-2018 01:32 PM

(My "Any edits and workflow requests for documents in areas I subscribe to" setting is Never)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(456 Views)

Wolfgang -- there are still ongoing issues with edit email notifications (some info in the topic here too) and a fix is still in development. It is possible this is what you encountered.

Thanks,

Lili

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(447 Views)