G#

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview 2015 G#

Hello, In labview 2015 G# ,what is the differences between those two interface?,  and what is means “the method is executed as
"running top-level".” in this pitcure black area?

yanzhanglin_0-1628696835458.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,693 Views)

There is quite a lot of information of the two different implementations of interface classes on the comments on the block diagram. I don't know what more to add. Is there anything in specific you are missing?

"running top-level" means that the method is run using the "Run VI" invoke node. G# manages that the VI needs the front panel of the method not to be removed, so it is automatically added to a build (which you would normally need to do if you run the VI using Run VI in an exe). "Run VI" is also not set to auto-dispose references, so ownership of references is not transferred to the method VI. But using "Run VI" may run the method in the UI thread, read more about that here. More about the UI thread here (with more references at the end of that post). I may be missing something here and if so, Mattias might add more info when he is back from vacation.

LabVIEW 2020 has implemented native interfaces and if possible I strongly recommend to update to it. It is a huge improvement and makes the old interface implementations obsolete. G# supports the native interface implementation and has examples for how to use them.

thols_0-1629190525160.png

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 2
(1,642 Views)