GDS(Goop Development Suite)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Problems

Hi,

Looking for really basic advice/help on installation.

I can't seem to get the installer to work. I am using LV 2013 - 32 bit on win 7 - 64bit ( I do have both 32 and 64 bit versions of 2013 installed).

I do have a less common layout as program files and windows are on c:\ while users is on d:\ but there is a link from C;\users pointing to d;\users so that shouldn't be a problem.

I have attached the error and tried running as admin and then logging in as admin but always the same error.

The reported file I can find and manually copy to the location listed in the error so it doesn't seem like a permission thing. I am going to try tomorrow on a win8 notebook and see if that is any different.

Can anyone offer some advice? Is there an easy way to just manually copy parts of the directory tree into the correct locations?

Many thanks

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,304 Views)

Looks like the GDS_Installer is a bit fussy about it's location when you are installing.

I have tested now on another computer and it works. This is a machine that has everything installed on C drive so the GDS_Installer was under c:\users

I have retested with my dev box that has everything except users on c:\ (users is d:\users) and I was trying to install from d:\users\...... That definately fails BUT if I move the folder to c:\tmp\ and try again it all works.

Maybe just a note warn the unwary would be a good idea.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,589 Views)

Thanks for letting us know. In the future, if you have a support-related issue, please use ni.com/support. This forum is not formally monitored by the application engineers and so won't get the usual prompt NI response.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,589 Views)