GPU Computing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

How do I add the vi's to the functions palette?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,187 Views)

I have researched this. Beyond editing the function palette directly for the LabVIEW you have installed, there is no automated way to get the LVCUDA menus into the palettes.

However, I was able to create a palette file that, given the following constraints, will give you access to these menus through the User Libraries subpalette:

• The attached menu file is copied into the user.lib directory of the version of LabVIEW you are using (e.g. "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\user.lib").
  • The LVCUDA was installed to the default directory (i.e. "C:\LVCUDA").
  • You restart LabVIEW if it was open when you copied the menu file.

I have tested this menu in both 8.6 and 2009 installations. Both provide access to the LVCUDA menus.

NOTE: If the attached file is not named lvcuda_all.mnu, rename it to that filename when copying to user.lib.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,172 Views)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,172 Views)

Somebody posted a detailed instruction how to use CUDA and its compiler from within the Labwindows  IDE. I read it in hurry and apparently lost the document. Worse, I cannot find it again.

It was a marvellous piece of work!!!

Is there anybody who knows the source?

layosh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,172 Views)

Try this link

http://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/AndreyDmitriev/2009/04/09/using-nvidia-gpu-from-labview-with-cuda-and-cvi

Paula

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,172 Views)

Mathguy,

It worked great.  I also like the little Black-Scholes demo program.  The GPU appears to be some powerful parallel processing, but I'm not familiar with wrapping the CUDA libraries with LabView so I'll dig into your examples and see if you have any Visual C projects.  It will be interesting if anyone posts some of the math operations.  Thanks for help.

V/r,

SDR Kid

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,172 Views)

Thank you very much! You do me a great favor!

I am a novice in this area, so later maybe request you for more help. Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,172 Views)